Sunday, December 20, 2009

the sisters of freckle-face haynes, the dog-faced boy

staying true to tradition, my christmas gift to my parents were tickets to see a show in seattle.

this year's choice:

irving berlin's white christmas

the program


we had great seats in the balcony


isn't the theatre pretty?


group shot before the play started


the snow!

white christmas is my favorite christmas movie and to be honest, I was worried that the play might change things too much from the movie that I wouldn't love it as much. thankfully, things were enough the same I needn't have worried! the general's granddaughter, susan, had an annoyingly different role in the play but it was easy to overlook because of all the rest.

and it snowed!
in the audience, over all of us. well, it didn't quite reach us so high in the balcony but it was beautiful to see as it fell over the theatre in front of us. one of my favorite things!

No comments: