Sunday, January 04, 2009

christmas 2008

after being rescued off the hill (blasted snow had the city pretty much shut down), christmas eve was spent at my aunt's apartment with lisa and tony. we had grandma's traditional clam chowder, ate way too much and talked until bedtime.

christmas day was down in puyallup with the rest of the family where there was way funny christmas karaoke. it was sketchy getting down south because it was snowing so hard in seattle when we left. by the time we got back into town that night, they had plowed the hill and you could drive up queen anne ave for the first time in 10 days. it was a christmas miracle!

kicking it in my holiday appropriate socks, savoring family togetherness

this gift has such a long story attached to it, you'll have to ask ed sometime about it.
(short version: he likes to tease people and gets them to think that lights - in his office, on cruise ship - are operated by a clapper.
it's so much funnier when he tells it.)


brother and sister and dueling texting, a christmas staple

a girl and her new camera (courtesy of her son)

my sister was on call christmas day so my parents spent time with her in hermiston before heading over to seattle for an extended christmas weekend.

we had a second family dinner, in seattle this time, complete with mexican feast and games.

for their gift, I took my parents to a play at the taproot theatre and then dinner at the melting pot. I can honestly say it surprised the heck out of me when I loved the play so much I pretty much cried through the last 20 minutes. sheesh. I was a mess...but it was totally worth it! and none of us had been to the melting pot before so that was all a surprise. my favorite part was the cheese (wisconsin trio, my friend, I dream about the wisconson trio) with the chocolate a close second. I think mom and dad and aunt b enjoyed themselves so it was a success in my book.

our opposition in a rousing game of mad gab
(notice the chilled posture of ashley, she doesn't know what she's up against)


(she's realizing she's got to get with the program in order to win)

(they had to call in reinforcements)
but I'm not sure it really helped since I can't even remember who won!





I pray that everyone's christmas was as wonderful as mine.

god bless us everyone.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Fun pictures Jenny. Happy New Year.

P.S. I would so LOVE to come to that concert with you...I'm scheming.