Friday, January 30, 2009

lucy in the sky with diamonds

my lunchtime today was spent sitting with my friend margaret and eating tomato basil soup (with homemade croutons and a sprinkling of cheese) and a freshly made grilled cheese sandwich at beecher's (yes the same place I went with my sister on monday, it's that good) down in the market.

then, we walked out to a concert. it was the 40th anniversary of the beatles' final public appearance at an impromptu rooftop concert in london. we listened to creme tangerine cover the exact set of songs the beatles played during that concert. read more about that here.

creme tangerine was surprisingly good and their placement on the copacabana terrace overlooking pike place market was pretty fantastic. you can read more on this anniversary event and the appearance of ken mansfield here.

this isn't the best photo but the band is on the right side of the terrace, under the "Y" in "sanitary" on the adjoining building

big lunch crowd which is good for market business

it was sunny and not freezing. in seattle, that's a beautiful day!
if only I had a deck chair, a blanket and a hot drink, I'd have been out there enjoying the music and the weather for hours. thank goodness it's friday!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I hopped on over here to comment about how awesome Seattle is and how this is proof that Seattle is so darn cool, and then I saw that your label was "living in Seattle is awesome."

Great minds think alike.

I want to chat with you, I think I will message you on facebook.