Tuesday, January 27, 2009

all kinds of weather, we stick together

it was snowing the day katie got here, bright shiny sun the next, and snow when she left tuesday morning. I am so over winter.

but the weekend with my sister was fantastic! she did get here safely despite her severe lack of sleep. bless her heart.

part one of our shopping excursion began on sunday afternoon. katie had a list of all the stores she wanted to go to so we hit northgate mall so she could get her fix. then we met up with the family to eat homemade chop suey (thanks uncle ed) and visit for a bit before we braved the crazy snow and went to church.

when we got home, I made katie open her birthday present. it's not for two weeks but I won't be there to celebrate on the actual day and I wanted to see her face as she opened it. she was delighted with her own version of our late grandma's candy dish in the shape of a hen.

grandma kitty's was an amber color and while in phoenix, hailey helped me scout out a dish in a cool green color for katie. it will look beautiful with her decor! to add to the nostalgia, I filled the dish with these little pink mints that were ALWAYS in my grandma's dish. it was really fun to reminisce.

playing with katie's new camera

katie and her new candy dish

friday was cold but super sunny and gorgeous. I took the afternoon off and katie and I spent it all shopping around downtown. we went to H&M, sephora, anthropologie, urban outfitters and ate at beecher's for lunch (the BEST mac & cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches) and dinner/happy hour at umi sake house. I wanted katie to try my favorite seattle crunch roll and spicy ginger chicken. that stuff's so good I dream about it!

katie sitting on an old milk jug at beechers. we watched them making cheese too.

sweet birdies in the window at anthropologie. don't you just love the decor in that store?

fun sight in downtown seattle, police on horseback.

stunning sunset downtown and katie with her wares.

enjoying the spiciness of umi.

we ended the night with one of the best concerts I've ever been to. photos to follow soon.


I love my sister!

No comments: