Monday, April 20, 2009

why can't you be in a good mood?

how hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood? ("say anything")

apparently, it's a little more difficult than I thought.

here's a look back at my calendar, it might explain where I've been.

march 2
my friend cindy was diagnosed with breast cancer; stage 1 but grade 9

march 2-6
my mom undergoes numerous cardio tests to find out why she's been so tired

march 7
my friend angie had little samuel jeffrey 10 weeks early; tiny but healthy

march 9-31
cindy struggles with making a decision between lumpectomy and mastectomy; I listen

march 25
my mom found out she might have had a heart attack; what?

april 1
cindy has surgery; I stay the night and make meals

april 4
my great aunt has a sore on her leg that the doctors thing might be MRSA; my mom is not allowed to go near her

april 6
aunt jean's sore is not MRSA or staph; possibly just a spider bite

april 6
cindy finds out the cancer was not in her lymph nodes; yea

april 8
but discovers the cancer was detected close to the chest wall; which opens up a higher risk of rogue cancer cells taken up residence in the chest muscle

april 13
my friend hailey has little levi abraham; 8 pounds 12 ounces

april 14
my mom has her first appointment with her cardiologist; he isn't convinced of the heart attack theory, but is worried about her EKG baseline numbers; she schedules a heart cath procedure

april 15
saw "say anything" on the big screen with friend erica; want to let you all know that john cusack is even dreamier in this movie on the big screen. LOVED IT!

april 17
I fly to palm springs to meet levi, get a little sun, and play auntie for a long weekend

april 22
mom has heart cath procedure; one stent successfully put in and no additional open heart surgery needed (PTL!)

april 24
drive home to spend time with mom and dad; monitor her recovery and just be

april 28
mom's follow-up appointment with cardiologist; he's happy but putting her on lots of medication that she'll most likely be on forever. she says it's a small price to pay. I agree.

april 28
exhausted

I'm working on getting my tank full up again. stay tuned for more stories of this adventurous city life!




3 comments:

Angie said...

Reading this made me tired. I'm gonna have to take a nap. You need to be sure to get rested up too, because I'm coming in a week and I expect a refreshed Auntie Jenny!!!!

Orangelady said...

Wow sis! You sure have had a lot to deal with lately. I hope you are able to relax soon and rest up. Love you!

Marilyn said...

Jenny, I hope all gets better and that your mom is doing well!

And I hope you are doing well too...go have a Noah's bagel for me, hmmmmm :)