Tuesday, March 24, 2009

brown paper packages tied up with string

I'm on a roll with the "sound of music" references aren't I?!
well, I know lisa appreciates it even if no one else does.

my mom is the sweetest. sometimes she sends me surprise packages. just because.

see what I found in my mailbox this week...


oh, how I've loved this green party dress! for over a year, I've admired it, taken pictures of it, fingered the tulle on it.

what I love about it:
soft, dreamy green color
poofy skirt with layers
ruched bodice with peeping tulle at neckline

maybe my wedding dress (one day, don't read into anything here!) will be similar? how fun would it be to have a retro, tea-length party dress to wear for your special day?


and look what I opened today...


I spotted this quilt the same shopping trip as the green dress. there are a few worn spots, a few holes. but the colors are bright and cheery still. I don't think it's been hand stitched but it's been well loved, and it shows.

I love that!


thanks, mom! you spoil me so.

2 comments:

David said...

my absolute favorite line is 'la, a note to follow so'

it's like they couldn't think of anything clever to say, so they just said that.

Hailey said...

awwhh. . . that is so sweet! Your mom is so wonderful - she makes me want to burst into a Julie Andrews song! I remember months ago when you took a picture of the dress and emailed it to me - how fun that it's now in your closet!

Love you friend. Can't wait for you to get here!